Squaredance music - Don Ward website
Link to Website:
Don Ward is a longtime square dance caller and record collector. His Podbean website features examples from his collection; in many cases, he has digitized original 78 rpm records and has cleaned up the audio files, removing scratches and pops, to give listeners a very clean sound of some classic recordings. His site also draws from a wide variety of callers and musicians.
Here is a sampling of the audio clips featured:
- Bud Udick, live 1949 recording, a visiting couple hash, recorded at the Broadmoor Hotel, Colorado Springs
- Two Timing Gal, singing square with Jack Story calling to the music of Jack Barbour
- Music for Don Armstrong's recording of Slaunch to Donegal
- Music for the Grand Square Quadrille popularized by Bob Osgood
- Dick Leger's 1957 recording of Marianne, presented twice, once with calls and once with just the music
- a live recording of Ed GIlmore, including him teaching figures
- two different recordings of Alabama Jubilee so you can compare the sound
- Hoedown tunes suitable for Kentucky running set, with Sleepy Marlin on fiddle
Website Item Type Metadata
This item has no relations.